With more than 25 years of experience, Michael L. Dodd assists clients across Ferrara Fiorenza practice areas, on matters including:
• Defending employment discrimination/workplace harassment claims based on protected categories (e.g., race, gender, religion, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, etc.).
• Advising on wage and hour law compliance with respect to Department of Labor investigations, audits, and internal compliance reviews.
• Compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other state employment laws.
• Drafting personnel policy and employment contract development and review tailored to clients’ specific needs in compliance with applicable laws.
• Providing advice and counsel on labor relations matters including unfair labor practice charges, union organization drives, contract negotiations, grievance hearings, arbitrations, and related proceedings.
• Assisting public school officials on school board policy review including development, amendments, and streamlining to reflect legally required and necessary policies.
• Training clients and outside organizations on legal compliance issues as well as other human resources and business-related topics including workplace harassment, employee discrimination, wage and hour audits, managing employee attendance issues, rethinking Board of Education policy manuals, conflict resolution, sensitivity training, diversity training, recruitment and hiring, and employee terminations.
New York State Bar
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
New York State Association of School Attorneys
New York State Bar Association
Onondaga County Bar Association
S.U.N.Y. Oswego, magna cum laude
Syracuse University College of Law, cum Laude